Skip to content
5 Tips To Make The Accreditation Process Easy
- Become a CSHSE member to access the valuable resources that will support your goal toward program accreditation.
- Become familiar with the accreditation standards and CSHSE policies and procedures by reading the Member Handbook: Guidelines for Accreditation and Self-Study.
- Consult with the CSHSE VPA or any Board Member-at-Large to clarify the accreditation process.
- Develop a timeline. The initial accreditation requires time to:
- Develop a philosophy for your program. What are the beliefs and values that provide the foundation for professional development in your program?
- Review your program’s curriculum using the Matrix template for your program’s degree level. Revise and seek approval of any curriculum changes through your institution’s curriculum development and approval process.
- Review your program’s policies and procedures. Revise and develop manuals to promote transparency of your program’s intentions with students and the community.
- Create your support system to write the self-study: administration, faculty, adjunct faculty, advisory board members, student services staff, library staff, technical support staff, etc.