- Membership follows the fiscal year, July 1 thru June 30.
- Programs can support the work of the Council through active membership, whether or not the program is accredited.
- To become a member, complete the Membership Application found on the Council website and submit it with a check for the annual dues to ASCENT Management or complete online application and online payment.
- Membership dues must be paid on an annual basis concurrent with the academic year, July 1 through June 30, as follows:
- The membership dues are $500 for the fiscal year, July 1-June 30.
- Invoices are mailed on April 1, payment is due no later than July 15.
- If payment has not been received by September 15, a second billing is sent with a $25.00 late charge.
- If a member program has not paid their membership by September 15th, they will be
charged a $25 late fee. If payment is not received by October 31st, a reinstatement fee of
$75 will also be charged. And if not received by December 31st, accredited programs will
lose their accreditation as well as their membership and be required to reapply.
- Programs that have multiple sites pay the $500 membership fee for the first site and $50 membership fee for each additional site. For example, a program that is delivered at four sites will pay $500 for the first site, and $50 for each of the additional three sites for a total of $700 annually.
- Current membership must be maintained as a condition of accreditation. If membership lapses for non-payment, accredited programs are notified by mail that the accreditation has lapsed.
- Program accreditation that has lapsed for non-payment can be reinstated within 90 days of December 31 (received by March 31) by paying the outstanding membership fee, the $25 late charge, and a reinstatement charge of $75.
Membership Update: CSHSE Board approved a change in membership policy and membership rate increases at the November 2021 board meeting. These rates will take effect July 1, 2022. A reminder notice for the July 2022-2023 membership year will be sent out in April 2022.
- There is one membership per institution. Effective July 1, 2022, membership fees will be based on the highest degree human service program level that can be earned at the institution:
- Associate degree- $550; Baccalaureate -$650; Master’s- $750
- If an institution offers a human service program at two-degree levels, the membership fee will be assessed at the highest degree level. For example, if an associate and baccalaureate human service degree is offered, then the membership rate is $650. If a baccalaureate and master’s human services degree is offered, then the membership rate is $750.
- Billing procedures:
- An invoice will be mailed on April 1 and payment is due no later than July 15.
- If the membership fee has not been received by September 15, a second billing invoice will be sent with a late charge of $25.
- If payment is not received by October 31st, a reinstatement fee of $75 will also be charged.
- If payment is not received by December 31st, accredited programs will lose their membership and lapse accreditation.